If your entire home – or just a section that was added on – lacks ductwork, a great solution for air conditioning is a ductless mini-split system. This type of system consists of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit mounted to the wall. The two are connected directly in a more efficient manner than a window air conditioner. Here’s a look at the advantages of installing a ductless mini-split system in your Pasadena home.
- Great for zoning: Cooling specific rooms individually is possible with zoning systems, resulting in energy savings and customized comfort. With up to four indoor air handling units for every outdoor unit, you can achieve up to four zones in your home with a ductless mini-split system.
- Easy to install: The hook-up requires nothing more than a three-inch hole in the wall to connect the indoor and outdoor units. There’s no ductwork required, and the outdoor unit can be placed up to 50 feet from the indoor evaporator, so you can install the outdoor unit in a shaded, inconspicuous location.
- Efficient: Central air conditioners must overcome the inefficiencies of ductwork, and window air conditioners are particularly difficult to seal. By installing an intrinsically efficient ductless mini-split system and sealing the gap around the hook-up, you can get the best cooling capacity for your buck.
- Quiet operation: Since the blower is in your immediate vicinity, the movement of air might be louder than with a central air conditioning system, but ductless mini-splits are much quieter than window air conditioners. The buzzing compressor is outside and the unit can be set to operate on low speed for the quietest operation possible.
- Flexible interior design options: You can mount the indoor unit flush to a drop ceiling, suspend it from the ceiling, or mount it to the wall. With a general depth of only seven inches, and a sleek, modern-looking jacket, ductless mini-split systems don’t detract from the look of your home.
For more information about ductless mini-split systems, please contact Air-Tro, Inc. Heating & Air Conditioning in Pasadena today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Los Angeles, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ductless mini-split systems and other HVAC topics, visit our website.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock