Question: How much does it cost to add central heating and air conditioning?
Answer: Actually, the cost depends on a lot of things. Do you know
- How many square feet you want to condition?
- If there are asbestos that will need to be removed?
- If your electrical service is adequate, or will it need to be upgraded?
- How many amps, phase and volts the service is rated for?
- If there is an accessible area to install equipment and/or ducting?
- How much insulation the structure has?
It’s important for us to come to your location before giving an estimate.
Question: How about a “ballpark” estimate?
Answer: A good budget number to work with is three to eight dollars a square foot. If someone wants more money than that, they’re probably overcharging. If they’re willing to do it for less, then they must be using the cheapest equipment, materials and labor available on the market. You can easily end up with a system that doesn’t work right.
Question: What makes Air-Tro different from any other air conditioning company?
Answer: A great deal.
- An installation team with an average of ten years experience in the business that uses cutting edge technologies to seal and insulate your duct system to achieve the best energy efficiency of your equipment. That means “BIG SAVINGS” on your operating cost, and comfort you can depend on.
- Service technicians trained at the factory, and radio-dispatched to handle any problems.
- Reliability; we’re in our second generation of ownership, with 42 years in business and 30 years at the same location.