An Easy Guide To Hiring An HVAC Contractor
Looking for someone who can provide HVAC repair, maintenance or installation services in the greater Los Angeles area? Here is an easy guide to hiring the right HVAC contractor to meet your needs.
- Ask around. Nearly every homeowner will need to hire an HVAC contractor at some point, so many of your neighbors, co-workers, family or friends will be able to give you recommendations based on their experiences. They may recommend that you use the same contractor they did — or recommend that you not use them.
- Look for testimonials or reviews. Any good HVAC contractor who has been in business for awhile should have plenty of satisfied customers. Online review sites such as Angie’s List provide unbiased feedback from people who have used the company in the past.
- Make sure that they are NATE-certified. NATE certification ensures that their technicians are fully trained, experienced HVAC professionals.
- Ask for proof of insurance, and make sure they are licensed. Any professional company should be licensed and insured.
- See if they do an in-home evaluation. An HVAC contractor should check out the situation in person, rather than over the phone. That way, they can be certain of the scope of the job and make an accurate diagnosis or estimate.
- Give them the details. Tell them what you know about your equipment’s history, or any comfort problems. That way, they can be certain to fix those problems.
- Make sure they don’t use shortcuts or one-size-fits-all solutions. The size and type of an HVAC system is not determined by simple rules of thumb, or by assuming that it should be the same as the old system. Instead, the contractor should do the work required to perform a load calculation and choose the ideal solution, rather than one that is just “close enough.”
- Get a detailed, written estimate. This should be done before agreeing to any work.
Of course, if you live within L.A. or Orange Counties, you can simply call Air-Tro, an award-winning HVAC contractor with more than 40 years’ experience keeping Southern California comfortable. Contact us for all your HVAC service and installation needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, visit our website.
Air-Tro Inc. services the greater Los Angeles area as well as the metro areas of Riverside and San Bernardino County.