Have You Put Off Your Annual Furnace Service? Call Air-Tro Of Monrovia Now
If you’ve delayed annual furnace service, you must not understand its importance in helping to maintain a more reliable system with lower operating costs. We recommend scheduling professional service for your furnace every fall along with maintenance for your air conditioner every spring. Here’s a look at the service you can expect from an Air-Tro professional when you schedule annual furnace service.
- Replace the filter: You should do this step on your own once a month during the heating season, but a technician will always change the filter during an annual furnace service if it appears dirty.
- Clean and inspect the blower assembly: This includes cleaning lint and debris out of the blower housing, wheel and motor.
- Lubricate moving parts: This keeps friction levels down and improves efficiency while reducing wear and tear.
- Inspect the fan belt: The technician tightens the belt or replaces it if necessary.
- Check for leaks: Gas leaks waste fuel and increase your bills.
- Inspect the burner assembly: If needed, the technician cleans and adjusts the burners to promote the best performance possible.
- Run a safety control check: That way, you enjoy peace of mind knowing that all safety controls are functioning properly.
- Check the ignition system: This ensures the furnace is starting up correctly.
- Inspect the heat exchanger: A crack in the heat exchanger can introduce carbon monoxide to your indoor air, so a check here is vital to ensure your safety.
- Inspect the flue system: Any signs of dislocated sections or corrosion may demand a replacement.
- Check the control box: The technician ensures that all controls, wiring and connections are in order.
- Inspect the ductwork: If the technician finds any problems, such as loose insulation or leaky ducts, they will remedy the problem during the annual furnace service.
- Listen and smell for odd noises and odors: The technician runs your equipment and pays attention to anything abnormal during operation.
To schedule your annual furnace service today, please contact Air-Tro Inc. We are located in Monrovia and serve customers throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Los Angeles, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about annual furnace service and other HVAC topics, visit our website.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock