Maintenance Agreements — What Are They and How Can They Help Los Angeles Homeowners?
Regular maintenance is key to keep your HVAC equipment in good working condition, but it’s easy to forget to book a service appointment at the start of the heating and cooling seasons. By signing a maintenance agreement with a reputable HVAC contractor, you’ll get reminders about scheduling preventative care so your equipment receives the attention it deserves.
Maintenance Agreements Offer Numerous Benefits
What’s included in a maintenance agreement can differ between contractors, but at a minimum, you’ll receive a spring visit to check the cooling system, and another in the fall to service the furnace. This routine care helps you in a number of ways:
- Improved efficiency — Well-maintained equipment operates at optimal efficiency, so it uses less energy to keep your home comfortable and you pay lower heating and cooling costs.
- Greater safety — Having a skilled technician inspect your heating system and check components like the wiring, heat exchanger, burner and gas lines decreases the risk of dangerous gas leaks, carbon monoxide exposure and fires.
- Fewer costly repairs — During a maintenance visit, an experienced HVAC professional checks for any emerging issues so you can have them addressed before they develop into problems that require expensive repairs.
- Priority service — HVAC contractors typically offer maintenance plan customers priority service when a problem crops up with their heating or cooling system. Since issues often develop when HVAC equipment is under the most strain at the height of the season, this can help you avoid an uncomfortable wait for a diagnosis or repair.
- Equipment warranty compliance — If a failed component is covered by your manufacturer’s warranty and you need to file a claim, you can rest easy knowing you’ve complied with their requirement for routine maintenance.
- Longer system life span — The convenience of having your HVAC system thoroughly examined, tuned up and cleaned twice a year under a maintenance plan brings the bonus of helping the equipment reach its full, useful lifespan.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Los Angeles, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Venimo/Shutterstock”