Need a New Furnace? Keep these Tips in Mind When You’re Shopping in Pasadena
Whether you’re shopping for a furnace for the first time or you haven’t shopped for a heating system in a while, you may be pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated features available today. For example, some furnaces automatically adjust heat and airflow output in increments as precise as one percent. Sealed combustion and venting make heating with natural gas and propane safer than ever.
You may also be surprised at the fact that shopping and choosing a furnace isn’t simply a one-step process. There are many steps required in order to make the most of your investment. From heating efficiency to system sizing and lifetime costs, use these furnace shopping tips to make sure your shopping experience goes smoothly and you can be confident that you’ve made the right decision.
- Home efficiency upgrades: Your new heating system will operate much more efficiently if it has a nice, efficient home to be installed in. Reducing heat loss in your home from air leaks and inadequate insulation is a practical upgrade that delivers a return on investment for years.
- Heating load: Your HVAC contractor should calculate your home’s heating load to correctly size your new heating system. With home efficiency upgrades in effect, it may be possible to reduce the size of your heating system and price tag, too.
- System sizing: System sizing and load calculations should be performed using HVAC industry best practices, not by merely going by your home’s square footage or the size of your previous heating system.
- Duct evaluation: Your ductwork system is part of the conditioned areas of your home and should be treated as such when it comes to sealing and insulating. Your HVAC contractor should suggest a duct inspection for correct sizing, locating air leaks and heat loss/gain deficiencies.
- Lifetime costs: Your HVAC contractor should perform a lifetime cost analysis, which shows you the true cost of your investment from purchase, installation and estimated operating and maintenance expenses.
To learn more about purchasing a new furnace, contact the experts at Air-Tro today. We’ve provided exceptional HVAC services to Pasadena residents since 1969.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Los Angeles, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “underverse/Shutterstock”