HVAC Check up Monrovia: HVAC Warranty 101 — Don’t Accidentally Void Your Contract
You probably don’t think much about your HVAC warranty until there is a problem with your system and you want to know if the repair costs are covered under the warranty. Unfortunately, your lack of interest in the warranty may cause you to accidentally void your contract. Here are five things that will void or at least reduce the length and value of your HVAC warranty. Call us for your HVAC check up in the greater Monrovia, California area.
- Warranty is not registered. Most companies require you to within a certain amount of time. Failing to do so can reduce the length of the warranty or void it completely.
- Improper installation. Make sure that your HVAC system is properly installed; if it is not, your warranty may be voided. Although it may be tempting to try and save a few bucks by doing it yourself, it is best to leave HVAC installation to the professionals. There are a number of issues, both costly and dangerous, that may arise if your system is not installed right. Hire NATE (North American Technician Excellence-certified professionals that are trained in installation services to guarantee that your system is properly installed and to keep your warranty valid
- Lack of preventative maintenance. Getting your HVAC system a regular checkup is very important. Regular preventative maintenance keeps your system running more efficiently, extends the life of your equipment, helps avoid future damage and costly repairs to your system and keeps your home comfortable all year long. Also, having your system serviced by trained HVAC technicians guarantees that your warranty will not be canceled due to negligence.
- No proof of maintenance. It is important to keep your maintenance service receipts after you’ve had an HVAC technician check your system as proof of maintenance for the manufacturer.
- Off brand replacement parts. Make sure that any replacement parts used on your HVAC system are from the original manufacturer. Hire professional contractors who use and properly install the manufacturers replacement parts.
If you have any further questions about your HVAC warranty or any other heating or cooling issues, please contact the friendly professionals from Air-Tro for assistance. We have been keeping California comfortable since 1969! Call for your HVAC check up in Monrovia.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Monrovia, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “carmen2011/Shutterstock”